Thursday, January 28, 2010

rough draft, random thoughts, good day

When I wear my rain boots, the stiff plastic sides hold my ankles steadier than usual.
Instead of tripping and skipping over the ground, I stride.
Feeling the earth's physical force pushing back at the soles of my shoes
perhaps my brain feels the earth's physical force pushing back at my soul.
I think about the earth and she is a beautiful goddess again,
forever holding her love for the sky at arms reach for fear of exhaustion.

Some days my being must bear the strain of walls made from thickest bone.
On the best days my chains dissolve and I see how small and insignificant I am
next to and inside of the great I Am.
On those days I belong to the world around me and out from this knowledge
I stride, powerful goddess.
Connected to everything, shaping the world around me with the falling of my feet
on ways that I do not choose, but rather choose me.

I'm striding on the ground.
I'm looking at the sky.
I'm breathing in microscopic pieces of everything around me
and my body knows and names all the life that we encounter.
I am the descendant of that creator deity.
Behold, the manner of this love!
Names hold power and we are called
descended from this magic, this power,
Be loved.

1 comment:

ELK said...

you are all of this and so much more my tender child...

Life is often a rough draft...
love mom

new project